Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some Quotes from Famous Vegetarians

'Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.' - Albert Einstein

'As custodians of the planet it is our responsibility to deal with all species with kindness, love and compassion. That these animals suffer through human cruelty is beyond understanding. Please help to stop this madness.' - Richard Gere

'Nothing’s changed my life more. I feel better about myself as a person, being conscious and responsible for my actions and I lost weight and my skin cleared up and I got bright eyes and I just became stronger and healthier and happier. Can’t think of anything better in the world to be but be vegan.' - Alicia Silverstone

'Intellectually, human beings and animals may be different, but it's pretty obvious that animals have a rich emotional life and that they feel joy and pain. It's easy to forget the connection between a hamburger and the cow it came from. But I forced myself to acknowledge the fact that every time I ate a hamburger, a cow had ceased to breathe and moo and walk around.' - Moby

Below is footage from peta.org on ‘Kentucky Fried Cruelty’ with Pamela Anderson: